I decided to make this fish an officer/squad car hybrid. I gave her the colors of a police car (I tried to make the top fin look like red & blue police lights), and then gave her a classic bobby hat. With her starfish hat badge, she's ready for a night of sea patrol.
2. You can use any software package(s) that you want to build your character, but it must be built in 3D. If you have done a drawing of your character, you can only submit it with you 3D image.
3. NO LATE ENTRIES will be allowed. So, if you're not completely finished by Wednesday night, just post whatever you have before the deadline. This is a timed challenge, so to make things fair, if you post a late entry, it will have to be removed.
4. Each character will be concocted from a list of descriptive words from the following 4 categories: Adjective, Profession, Character, and Gender. A word will be randomly and blindly picked from each category and put together to form the character that will be worked on that week.
5. For now, there will be no poly or texture limitations on any of the characters. Later on, there will be challenges with various limits and restrictions.
6. Final delivery can be an image or animation. If you’d like to post your model and textures for people to look at, there will be a way provided.
7. All art needs to be your own property and not infringe on protected material. You can also use any pre-existing models or textures that you have previously built - as long as you own the rights.
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Obviously this isn't near as good as anything anybody else on here has done but I would be very grateful for your feedback. Please don't worry about hurting my feelings - I have a very tough shell. :)
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
I just had time to model this gal and do a VERY quick texturing job. I wanted to add a few more things that would make her look a bit more feminine, but I ran out of time. I do have female eyelashes on her, but they're probably hard to see.
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
As luck would have it, my wife called me and let me know that she and the kids wouldn't be back until later tonight. Then, I remembered that I created this bee character a long time ago, and it was just sitting on my hard drive, not doing anything. Thus, the stars were aligned and it was go-time. I grabbed the bee character, built some glasses, hearts, and bowtie, did some texture/material touch-ups, posed the character, and BAM! You gotta love last-minute work.
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
I also have this scenario set up to have two frustrations. The first frustration is that she can't figure out why she isn't getting any water out her hose to fight the fire. The second will be when the hose becomes unkinked and she gets a face full of liquid pain.
Saturday, July 11, 2009
Anyway... she's frustrated because shes a marshmallow (because you probably won't be able to tell.). She should be on a s'more rather than putting out fires!
Monday, July 6, 2009
The object to trip over aside, I actually was able to get a lot of what I wanted to do for this character. I was able to add some subsurface scattering to the wings and even take her into Zbrush and add some detail - even if you can't see all of it.
So here's my submission. So anyway this dino was going to have a cowboy hat blowing in the direction she is looking, but i figured i would call it good where it is at. I decided that this is dedicated to my chameleon, Mr. Edmund Pickles. He died yesterday at only 2 years old. He was a great pet and i will miss him.
Monday, June 22, 2009
I think now he just looks like he's sad that he's a skeleton and is asking the universe, "WWHHYYYY?!?!"
Well this is as far as i was able to get. I had a late start and a busy week. Be sure to check out my blog as i am planning on finishing this soon. On that note, i am going camping in yellowstone later this week. I might not get anough time to finish this weeks challenge but i will sure try.
Monday, June 15, 2009
I spent way too long on that darn banjo.
Sunday, June 14, 2009
Friday, June 12, 2009
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
Monday, June 8, 2009
Monday, June 1, 2009
Monday, April 27, 2009
I had all sorts of plans for this salamander. I was going to make cool textures, sweet translucent materials, and a cool pose with money in the air. But, I ended up having to fly to North Carolina today, and it took up most of the day. So, this is what I did get done.
Monday, April 20, 2009
If you can't tell, this is a female electric guitar, who has given up her rockstar life for the finer things in life. Unfortunately, there are just things about her past that she just can't change. And now, they follow her in the way she looks today.